3 October 2012

Branding Workshop

The second part of our workshopping day consisted of taking the brand identities we had sourced, and applying them to the net of a piece of packaging we had. I chose to go with the Selfridges brand, and my Thornton's chocolate net, as they were both relatively simple and I thought they would work well together. 

We were asked to create 20 designs for each piece of branding, which within the hour and a half time frame seemed like an impossible mission, and, as it turned out, it was. 
I managed 13 designs, and it was challenging thinking of how to apply the brand identity creatively and differently for each net. I suggested different stocks - glossy, matt, thick, foil - and different processes - foiling, embossing, debossing, laser cut - and I also tried to work with scale and adapting the logo. Trying to avoid limiting myself when there is so much out there that is possible is something I definitely need to begin doing. 






Our brief for next week is to take our best/favourite design and actually create mock ups for 5 different nets. I decided to choose the one that uses ribbon, as I think it works with the luxe, fashion based feel of the identity and the brand, and it will be relatively simple to create if I think creatively about how to apply the logo to the ribbon. At first I was planning on stitching, but after thinking further, it would end up incredibly messy. 
It was suggested that I try using image maker to transfer the logo that way, which I'm hoping will be effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment