8 October 2012

Packaging Designs - Resolutions

(Again, apologies for the really poor photography, I am going to work on that at some point.)

After printing out my nets, I undertook the way-more-time-consuming-than-imagined task of cutting them all out and putting them together.
Seeing as only mock ups are expected, I decided to print the actual nets in the mac suite to save money, as I wanted the yellow to only be an interior guide and example of the colour of the stock anyway. If it had been any thicker, combined with the black card I would have been left with an unfoldable mess.

The ribbon was easy to attach, and although I am obviously not pleased with the print quality and construction of the packaging, I think I have put across a decent mock up of what I would hope the design to be. I think if done correctly the effect created would be the 'simple luxury' aesthetic I was aiming for in the first place. 

Possibly some of the nets I have used don't practically work with the use of ribbon either, but if I were to do it again I would take this into consideration more. 







I think the ribbon has worked the best on the packaging without cut outs, because the lasagne packaging just detracts from the simple effect. I think the larger the packaging is, the better the look is also. With the smaller packaging there isn't as much balance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment