26 April 2013

What is Good? Logo Development


I have been working a little more on my logo and ideas for the identity surrounding the cheesemongers. Originally, I was interested in hand rendering the logo, but I have decided that I will incorporate hand rendered illustrations more subtly into the cheese guide I am going to make, and have the logo be more digital. I want to use a strong typeface and a pattern that I can work into the packaging and products I will be creating so that it creates a strong identity. This is also in keeping with a lot of images I have found of delis and food shops in London, such as Lina Stores, and Nolitan.



I have experimented with pattern, colour and layout of the logo, as well as the typefaces. The typefaces I have used are Brandon Grotesque, Archer Pro and Gill Sans, as well as others in the earlier stages of development. I think all of these typefaces work well, but I need to narrow it down to one to use for the logo, which I am struggling with. I am using the red and blue colours to communicate the fact that the shop stocks British cheeses, but I didn't want to use any obvious imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment