19 May 2013

What is Good: Printed Catalogue of Cheeses

This is the printed product I am least pleased with, as pretty much everything that could have gone wrong with this thing did. I have tried to salvage it as best I could, but I am really disappointed with this, as I had hopes that this would be one of the more professionally finished products.

Everything that has gone wrong with this is due mainly to the printer I used, which is my fault as I should have sent it off to be printed and bound professionally. When the printer has printed double sided, the alignment was always slightly off, which then meant that both sides were not lining up correctly to begin with. When I cut the pages down, both sides appeared wonky. This also affected the tabs that I had added to the design, as when I cut into one, the tabs behind it was not in the same position, which made it messy. In the end I got rid of them altogether because they were beginning to confuse and stress me out, but had I been printing professionally I think they would have added to the quality of the product.
When I tried to bind the document I also faced difficulties, as I had wanted to use blue thread to saddle stitch the publication, but I did not use a sewing machine and when I tried to hand sew it the look of the stitching was incredibly messy. I have ended up binding using staples, and then covering this with parcel twine, which I have also used on the wine tags.








No comments:

Post a Comment