31 January 2012

Poster Development


Alongside the products that would be used in the restaurant, I wanted to create a promotional poster, that could be placed within the restaurant or close by to lead customers to it. 
Like my loyalty card, I want to use something quite tongue in cheek that would attract the attention of passers by, and I also want it to be bold, and link to the food being served at the restaurant. 



I had an idea to create something that included a photographic element, and use a similar slogan to the loyalty card. 
My first idea was to create the type using rice and then photograph it, but with the time I have left and my photography skill level, I don't think the posters would be the effective.
My second idea is to use a photograph of rice or an element of bento, with the text overlaying. 








I went with the phrase 'I Can Make You Feel Good', as it's quite jokey, but still refers to the health benefits of the bento lunches. 
I used a rice photograph as the background as that is the staple of the Japanese diet, and along with the colours, I think it works well at referencing Japan and the restaurant. 
The bold text also works well at catching the eye of any passers by, and I've kept the layout simple and central, again so it is in keeping aesthetically with the rest of my designs. Overall, In terms of the the colours of the text, I think the white text on the coloured rice background works the best, as it is still bold but not harsh on the eyes like I feel the red text is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment