22 February 2012

D&AD Experimentation

Screenshots I have taken of my poster ideas so far. I feel like I have so many ideas in my head that I can't seem to get quite right when I'm drawing them up or creating them digitally. 
I am also struggling to come up with any ideas that don't use humour or sarcasm, because for me, humour is a large part of British culture. I also wanted to steer clear of anything too obvious.






I really like the idea of branding rain as either a luxury style product, or a british institution, and because of the time constraints, I need to keep my idea relatively simple. I feel torn between using mainly type, although I feel I do this too often, or using image and type together, similar to the style of Erik Kessels.










This poster is too similar to images I have found of others work, and I don't feel like I could accomplish this to the best of my ability in the space of time we have left. 





So far these two are my favourite ideas. It's quite conceptual and simple, which means that I would have time to tweak it and make it feel like a professional poster. The idea of it being something belonging to Britain also adds a humorous element, but using cocktail and possibly crystal glasses as the imagery will help to retain the idea of luxury. I also need to be considering other languages to write this in, as the posters aren't aimed at Brits, but foreign visitors. 
I was thinking that as my ideas are based around luxury, my audience will be middle class foreign adults. I do also have the idea of adding fashion into the posters somehow, because to make rain seem attractive it should appear that you can look attractive and stylish in it, although I'm not sure how this would fit in with Erik Kessel's aesthetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment