22 February 2012

Audience Research



Because of all that we learnt about research on the last module, I feel it would be silly to not continue with the process for this brief, particularly as it is a live brief and as such will be viewed by an actual audience, and not just created for a hypothetical one.
Since it is meant to be a poster created to show foreign tourists that rain is attractive, I thought it would be necessary to look more closely at the trends of foreign travellers - who the largest audience would be and who are the most suitable tourists to target.
Here are some figures from an IPS tourist report from 2010.





Most visitors come for a holiday, which is what I'd already assumed, but I was most surprised that Europeans were the highest volume of travellers. France, Germany and the US are the top 3 countries. 
There isn't an indicator of class however, which is unfortunate as my ideas are sort of based around luxury branding, but obviously if the tourists can afford to travel to the UK they must have at least some wealth to their name. 
This research is useful to me because I would now like to create 3 posters that are aimed at a French audience, a German audience and an American audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment