24 February 2012

Preparation for the Crit - DIET

D - (Describe what is visible? What is the audience looking at?)
I've created a set of posters that utilise both text and and illustration to make rain seem attractive to visitors.

I -(Interpret what does it mean? How does it function?)
I used the quote 'there is no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing' because all my ideas had centred around the idea of to make seem attractive it has to make rain look attractive by showing off British style and how you can look stylish and be prepared for the weather. I've used a nostalgic style and humour because that to me evokes British style. I've used Hanna Barberra style illustration again because it injects humour into the posters and also despite being american has some similarities to the illustrations used in 1950's British tourism posters.

E -(Evaluate how successful is it? What context best suits it?)
 I think it is the kind of poster that would be viewed up close, in both indoor/outdoor tourist venues, and also in hotels and transport stations to promote preparation for the rain upon arrival in Britian.

T - (Theorise does it solve the problem? How else could it solve the problem better?)
I think that they do solve the problem of making rain look attractive, but probably not in an extremely obvious manner. Looking at the posters on an A2 scale, I think that a definite area for improvement is the sizing of the text at the bottom of the poster, as it is quite difficult to read. I would also try to explore different styles of illustration that were perhaps more typically British to make sure it was definitely recognisable. Overall however I am pleased with the work I've produced in a small space of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment