20 April 2012

What is A Line Experimentation

I'm now getting started in Indesign, creating the booklets, and as well as creating the pages of quotes, I thought it would be a good idea to also display a little bit of information about the show, such as credits and a synopsis. 

This was just a grid layout I was planning on working on for the credits page, for Friends, there are six characters, so I planned on displaying the characters by 2 in each column. It's a simple grid, but I don't need anything complicated anyway. 

I also wanted to quickly experiment with use of colour within the book, although after looking at design inspiration I am quite sure that I would like to be using black and white primarily. 





After looking at manipulating the images, I think that black and white still looks the cleanest and most stylish, as it doesn't distract from the image or the text, plus if I did use colour it would most likely just be for the sake of it. 

Setting up the images in the columns just to experiment. 

After working with this grid, I decided that it wasn't really working, and looked too cluttered, especially as it will be on A5 and the aesthetic is more minimal.
I tried to go in a new direction. 


I think this was a definite improvement, but still felt like I would fitting too much information onto one page. Plus, the images of the characters were all different and looked inconsistent in terms of size and style. I did like the style of typeface and the black and white use though, and just wanted to develop the page further. 


This is my final credits page, which I will be recreating with the other shows. The one large images works better as it means that there is no inconsistencies. I think it also just looks more professional and stylish. I still used a grid system for the text, which I'm glad of because it retains the clean, sleek look. 


No comments:

Post a Comment