3 May 2012

Publication Development - Booklet Cover



Creating the booklet cover, I wanted it to appear classic and stylish. I am keeping the tones muted, either in a monochrome palette, or using pastel shades to me feels more luxurious and stylish than bright colours that can often feel garish and too in your face. I wanted to use a contemporary typeface, and one that I feel is associated with style and fashion. Trade gothic and Bodoni typefaces are ones that I love and feel are appropriate for this, trade gothic because it is clean, modern and sophisticated, whilst I think of Bodoni as beautiful and fashionable.



Although I like the typeface being used in this design, I feel it looks too harsh and not very sophisticated. It feels a bit too loud, but at the same time too bare. 




Whilst I like the pastel shade of blue being used against the black and white, this is possibly not right for this brief, and looks too much like the cover of a fancy magazine or classic novel. 




This is the final design I have settled on - I think it feels more balanced, and the size and composition works better than the other designs. 




No comments:

Post a Comment