12 November 2012

Design for Print Development
































Displayed here is my initial design idea for the layout of the publication. I want to keep the layout simple and relatively consistent, with simple and easy to understand definitions and explanations.
Here, I feel that the design looks more like a magazine or newspaper layout, which I am unsure would work well or not.
I am quite happy with the Colour for Print pages, and I think the large scale illustrations works well as they have visual impact and keep the reader interested.
I also think the order of the book will work well, but I would like to have more of a separation between the aspects of design for print that occur before printing and after printing, so I may choose to put the content into two different books or perhaps find a format that would organise the information in this way anyway. The typeface I have used is league gothic, which I think works well as it is contemporary and quite neutral, and also compact, so it has an impact but without taking up too much space on the page, allowing for more information to be shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment