11 November 2012

Producing Images for the Website

The main image on the home page of the website will be a keyhole, which I have decided to create on Illustrator as I feel it's useful for creating strong and simple imagery. 
I found some reference images on the internet that I will use when designing the keyhole. Obviously I want to use a keyhole that is quite simple and generic in style so that it is immediately identifiable, particularly as it will be the only imagery on the home page. 




The first image is the shape I would like to use for the keyhole, as it is strong and simple, and the last keyhole image is similar to the design I had in mind, with the image of something looking through the keyhole, although instead of a home environment it would be an image of a speakeasy bar. After asking about it in the crit, I would also like to use a simple, black version of the keyhole as a logo on the other 3 pages I create.



Small differences obviously, but I prefer the shorter and bolder ones to the thinner version I created at first, as I feel this has more impact, and the larger space will allow for the image of the speakeasy bar to be easily identifiable. 

These are the images I sourced of a typical speakeasy bar that I would like to use within the keyhole. 












Personally, I feel that the last two images work the best, the sepia toned image works because it includes only the cocktails raised in celebration, which I seems tongue in cheek and works well for immediate impact, so the audience knows what the website is about, whilst the black and white keyhole is more subtle and reflects the prohibition era in a darker, more mysterious manner. With an adult, cocktail drinking audience, I feel that both would work well for the website, just for different reasons. One is more cheeky and youthful, whilst the other is a little more stylish and mature.  


No comments:

Post a Comment