16 January 2013

ISTD: Guardian Guide Cover

As well as the shop, it was suggested that it would be a good idea to create a supplement or pull out for a national newspaper that would celebrate the music and lyrics. The obvious choice to go for was the Guardian, or the Observer, because they place a large emphasis on culture and music, both in the Guardian Guide and the Observer Music Monthly.

For now, I have decided to work with the Guardian Guide, because looking at other Guardian Guide covers, most are based around their musical features.

I wanted to use a strong bold image that would basically define the musical culture of the 'Madchester' time, so I decided to go for the rave smiley, but distorted the image a little so that it ties in with the lyrics I have made, and it also feels more contemporary than simply using the smiley face alone.







I really wanted to use a strong yellow colour, but because this would be printed I can't achieve a very bright yellow, so it's now more of a tinted orange, but I still think it works well. 

I think that the copy I have used works well and is of a similar style to the way the Guardian writes as well. I now want to develop some editorial work to accompany the cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment