17 January 2013

Responsive: Design Development



The logo I have developed for the Very fashion app I am creating, which I decided to call 'The Very Edit', as the main point of the app is to display fashion linked to the month of the year, so it has been edited down specifically. This name appeals to the target audience, as it relates to the idea of fashion, and also gives a sense of Very making a special effort to provide an specially edited range of fashions. 
For the logo design I wanted to give it more of a fashion style, using a serif typeface as opposed to their original myriad pro typeface, which I thought looked a little cheap, and didn't quite match the style of the Very logo itself. Using the similar bodoni typeface gives it a little more quality. It's still simple though, because I think it has enough impact this way. 

The app took a little bit of work to get right, although I am happy with the improvements I have made to it, as it now looks a little more like the apps that are already available, such as the Mr Porter app. 




I have managed to mix this organised and simple style of app design that I have seen on other high fashion/stylist apps, with the fun and lively tone of voice that Very was after. Were I actually technically able to create it, or were Very nice enough to choose this, then the images on the app would be their own. Unfortunately they did not provide any images in their brief pack, so I have had to source these images from the great world wide web.


This is the design board that I will be taking into my crit tomorrow to receive feedback on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment