20 February 2013

What is Good? Wednesday Workshop

5 Things that I don't know about these formats.
What stock is used.
What finishes can be applied to make them more durable?
How the products are put together in industry.
At what point a print finish is applied to the packaging.
How much more expensive it is to create a custom net than a standard one.

5 Processes I would like to use/know more about
Laser cutting - what stocks can I use?
Embossing - how can I do this in college, how is it done in industry?
Debossing - how can I do this in college, how is it done in industry?
Foiling - How can I do this in college?
Screen printing - What stocks will the colours show up best on?

3 Reasons why the thing I have chosen could be bad.












It is throwaway, once you've used it you would be unlikely to keep it as the stock
is thin and isn't durable.
The net is very complicated, could be expensive?
The photographic quality of the image makes it look cheap.

3 Reasons why my favourite object is good.
The net is complex and interesting.
The product is more interactive and unusual than a standard box package.
Looks similar to the product it is supposed to be which displays attention to detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment