11 May 2013

What is Good: Cheese Tag Development

I have decided to create some cheese tags that would be placed into the dairy counter in the shop, which is a common feature in all cheese shops/delis. I want to keep them relatively simple so that it is consistent with my other branding, and I also want to use illustrations in my tags, in the same style as the illustrations I have used on my recipe cards. I am using illustrations of a cow, a sheep and a goat as a clear indication to the customer of the kind of cheese it is, which is otherwise not stated as I am using minimal text.



Having a look at the cheese tags already out there, they are quite busy and not very visually interesting, serving more of a practical purpose than a visual one, but obviously I want a consistency with my design so I am making mine simpler and want them to be more visually interesting.





In my design developments I have experimented with placement of the text and the illustration so that I can see which one works the best. The use of the central layout is in keeping with my other design work, as is the use of the colour red, the style of illustration and the typeface used. I think that my final designs work well, and I will also be applying my circular stamp logo to the tags once printed to add extra visual interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment