11 May 2013

What is Good: Wine tag Development

As part of one of my earlier crits, it was suggested to me that I could create some wine labels that would be done in the similar style to my Poppy's branding style. I thought that this was a good idea, however the idea of creating Poppy's wine labels would logically mean that I would have to have a vineyard as well as a dairy which doesn't really make much sense, and so I have decided that wine tags are a perfect compromise, as it means that I can apply my branding to the wine in a more practical way, which would be to have a tag around the neck that advises the customers on which cheeses would go well with the wines.




Here are some wine tags that I have found, although they have more of a decorative purpose than an advisory one. The formats of the tags are all quite similar, and I do think that the ones that utilise the bottle neck are clever, but I think that the more traditional tag format is better for my branding.
 




I am using the same cheese illustrations as the ones I have used in my recipe cards as it creates a consistency within the branding. I want to keep the designs simple as there is limited space on the tags, and they need to be straight to the point, so I am using a small illustration as well as the phrase 'we recommend this wine to accompany', as this links to the idea of the Dairy being a small, friendly and knowledgeable establishment. As you can see I tried to use both blue and red in the tags, but aesthetically I believe that the blue alone works best, as it is in keeping with the recipe cards and is more readable and visually impactful.

Once they are printed, I would like to attach the labels to the wine bottles with some red or blue thread which again works with the branding I have already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment