15 May 2013

What is Good: Website Initial Designs

As well as the printed products required for the branding of the Dairy, I wanted to create a simple website that would work alongside it. Because the store is small and is about being knowledgeable and personable, there is no ordering element that I want to be included in the website, I simply want it to be available to the customer to make them aware of the store, and to also inform them of the cheeses being stocked. For this reason, the website will only have 2 pages as I think that this is all that it needs. I want to create an online version of the cheese catalogue, using a similar tab system to the one in the booklet as I think that this form of categorisation is simple but effective. There also needs to be an about page which will include information about the store and where to find it.


These are the initial designs I have created for the site, inspired by the Emporium Pies website which is also simple but incredibly effective. The layout is simple and central, similar to the rest of my printed branding, and after experimentation, I believe that the red colour as opposed to the blue colour works best on the screen. I am unsure whether the block colour background works best, or whether I should experiment with use of photography in the background to create more impact and visual interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment