31 January 2012

T Shirt Development



These are the designs I wanted to screen print onto T shirts for the Bento Restaurant, which would act as the workers uniform. 
I chose to use the Japanese lucky cat again because I think it is easy to identify with Japanese and Asian culture, and it also ties in with the menu design, where I first used the cat. 
It also helps that the cat looks cute, and I thought because of the strong lines it would print really well onto fabric. 


I'm used 'Get Bento' in the speech bubble, as this again links to my other products aesthetically, as it is tongue in cheek and makes the restaurant's identity more light hearted and relaxed. 
I also wanted to keep the designs quite simple and minimal, so that they again work well with the set.

The colours being used are in keeping with the rest of the products stylistically also - black for the cat, and red for the speech bubble. The t shirts that have been printed onto are white and grey which I think are classic and won't fight with the colours being used to screen print.  




 These images are of the first layer of the t shirts, which I was very happy with. I think it's worked well on both, but more so on the grey, as I think it is probably aligned a little better, whilst on the white t shirt it looks a little lost.

The finished t shirts, modelled badly by me, and more competently by Greta.

My favourite is the grey t shirt, as I think the alignment has worked better, and also the colours sit well on the darker background and look less harsh. 
However, white, again fits more aesthetically with the rest of my products. 


Greta clearly laughing at my poor sense of humour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment