19 March 2012

Stamp Development

Continuing to develop my stamp ideas after the crit on Friday. 
I have decided to progress further with the idea of using the phrase 'minimise', and accompanying the phrase with a minimal design to reiterate the idea of minimal impact. I want these designs to look sleek and simple, and the idea of adding image to the stamps at these point seems a little pointless if I do it simply for the sake of it. 
I do however, want to play with the type to create a more interesting visual so that the phrase minimise looks different on every stamp. 


My first design is based on the ideas I originally had last week, with the use of a downwards arrow that emphasises the message. I have been working with the Satellite typeface as opposed to the Nevis typeface because I feel it is more contemporary and the sans serif, thin style of it again plays into the idea of minimalism. 
I then looked at other ways to play with the word and the meaning of it in illustrator. 




This is one of the designs I feel has worked very well. Removing some of the typeface means that whilst it still retains a contemporary and minimalist look, it feels more playful and interesting visually. 


The most obvious of my designs I feel, simply having the text in small on the stamp, but it does get the message across. My only worry is how easy it will be to read. But then if it is the only piece of text on the stamp it could possibly be alright. 

I'm not too sure about this one, but I think if I develop it a little more it could work better. 

I also thought about whether simply placing minimise on the stamp would work, or whether people would have absolutely no clue what the stamps were on about. I added impact to the stamp to see whether this would work better or worse. 

I think using the darker green alongside the white works well, as it provides more balance and also works well because impact feels like it has more of a weight to it. 



This is the only stamp I think does not benefit from having the additional text, as it looks more forced in as opposed to working with the phrase. 

This is my favourite design again, and I think this works the best out of all of them, because it feels more balanced and thought out. However, I am aware that all my stamps need to be of the same quality. 
I'm still worried that people won't get it, or will simply find these designs pointless because they don't really say anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment