30 April 2012

It's Your Choice

I'm trying to clear the concept and direction of my brief up in my head so that I can really begin to start focussing on it and make sure it's fully resolved for the final crit.

I want to create a kind of fake, funny travel guide to my hometown of Chorley, basically advising people on how to experience Chorley. Although it will have a humorous, sarcastic mocking tone, I do honestly want people to know that I love my hometown, so the tone will be as light hearted and tongue in cheek as possible, and I want the design of the publication to be a kind of contrast to the way people actually perceive Chorley, which is as kind of rough around the edges and kind of bleak. I also aim to use photography quite heavily in the book, as well as exploring grid and layout. This will be pushing myself, as although I love other people's photography and is something I want to be good at, I always find it difficult to put into practice and actually use it.
The audience I am aiming at will be young adults, and people with a sense of humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment