15 January 2013

ISTD: Finished Posters



This is the updated version of the poster above - I was working on it for a while
and something about it was annoying me, and I think it was because it was just
too cluttered, it was distracting. I have now focussed the poster onto the main
lyrics that I feel stand out, and this typography design I feel is the strongest. 

The Inspiral Carpets print is a little simpler, and I didn't want to overload the page so I took the chorus lyrics which I think mean the most anyway. The sans serif typeface is the only one I have used, again because I think it communicates the lyrics better. Both the Inspiral Carpets poster and the Happy Mondays poster will be screen printed to experiment with inks and stocks. 
The Stone Roses poster has also been simplified, and I am going to experiment with Risograph printing this one. I have used more serif fonts in this poster, but because of the lyrics I felt they worked better. I wanted to use strong bright primary colours, although when I screenprint I may experiment to see how bright, acid style colours will work. 










No comments:

Post a Comment