14 February 2013

Type Workshop 2.0

We got asked to communicate through a graphic product what we already knew about typography, and grid and layout. Because I have limited knowledge, and we got asked to be creative, I wanted to focus on just one thing that I knew about to communicate.
I decided to go with kerning and leading, as it is quite easy to demonstrate the correct and incorrect ways of doing both these things. And, since it was Valentines Day, I thought I would try and link to it to love in any contrived way I possibly could.
Technically though, the idea works in relation to the stages of a relationship.




We also learnt about the Fibonacci sequence and the Golden Section, which was interesting to learn about as I had never really heard of either of those things before, but it made sense and seems like a logical rule to apply to editorial work. 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment