13 February 2013

What is Good? Workshop

Into the crit/workshop, I took my research on Arrested Development to present to my group. Turns out that I am more of a comedy geek than I thought as noone in the group liked it or had heard of it, which possibly gives me a good platform for promoting it before it's new season release on Netflix later this year. The group I presented to definitely thought that there were areas of the show that I needed to explore further which will help to broaden my research for the project. 

These are the areas I need to research into further
  1. Viewing figures in the UK and other countries Fox network distributed the show to.
  2. Information on the cast and the writers/creators of the show.
  3. Rankings in the charts of highest rated/best TV shows, and press clippings and interviews.
  4. All of the running jokes and the clues/theories about the show.
  5. Main audience who like the show.
  6. Any existing fan based products.
The Skills I would like to improve on during this module are
  1. Working on illustrator.
  2. Finishing products to a high standard.
  3. Editorial and layout.
  4. Packaging and creating interactive and innovative products.
  5. Time management.
  6. Presentation of the blog.
  7. Photography skills.
  8. Confidence in presenting my work.
  9. Big ideas.
These are the ways I could improve myself through this project
  1. Using photoshop and illustrator more.
  2. By creating mock ups to identify what will work and what won't.
  3. Drawing up my concepts and ideas onto paper before working on the computer to ensure I'm confident in what needs to be done.
  4. Researching more products and keeping up to date with design at the moment to understand what can be done.
  5. Organising mini crits to get more confident talking about my work.
  6. Online tutorials and guides on photographing work and organising blogger.
  7. Taking more time to finish products so that they don't look rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment