8 May 2013

What is Good: Development of the Recipe Card

As I have already stated, the card is now more of a serving suggestion card than a recipe card as many cheeses are enjoyed by themselves and not used in cookery, so it made more sense to suggest to the customer what the cheese could be enjoyed with. With it also being a deli, this idea makes more sense because you are then pretty much advertising other items through this serving suggestion card.
As I have already designed the front of the recipe card, I didn't need to change the general layout very much, and it's consistent with the rest of my designing in terms of colour, use of border and typeface.

I did have to play around with the images a little though as the composition of them was difficult to get right. Particularly because the illustrations needed to appear in a scale that worked in comparison with the other images, such as the alcohol bottles which needed to be bigger than the food items, and also some of the illustrations weren't a conventional shape, like the honey, and so it was more difficult to fit.



I think I have managed to compose the illustrations effectively, and I think that the overall card works really well.I will be printing the cards onto a thick cream stock, and triplexing them with a thick red to add to the quality of the card and ensure that the branding remains consistent throughout all of my products.

No comments:

Post a Comment